One of the most common--and most upsetting--plumbing problems you can have in your home is when something goes wrong with your toilet. Whether that's your toilet overflowing, running continually or leaks around the seal at the base of your fixture, toilet repairs are not something that you can postpone.
Common toilet repair issues
1. Toilet continues to run. When your toilet continues to run, it's likely that your float, refill tube and/or ballcock need to be replaced.
2. There is water pooling around the base of your toilet. Water collecting on the floor at the base of your toilet usually means that the seal is wearing out and needs to be replaced.
3. Phantom flushes. Phantom flushes, when the toilet flushes seemingly by itself at random intervals, is usually a sign that there's a slow leak between the tank and the toilet bowl.
4. The water is slow to fill the bowl. A toilet bowl that is slow to refill is a sign that there is debris clogging the plumbing leading to the toilet bowl.
5. The toilet is clogged. Serious clogs require an industrial-size auger to push the debris that's clogging the pipe down into the larger sewer pipe.
Fixing your toilet quickly and reliably requires the skill and training of a professional plumber. However, that doesn't mean that you have to spend a fortune or have your house torn up for an extended period of time. To learn more about affordable, easy toilet repair solutions, call Plumbers Today.